Saturday, March 09, 2013

Decluttering My Shower

Hello Hello! And Happy Weekend!!

I have some exciting news for you. Making It Sparkle has a Facebook page!! Yay!! Go "like" it here!


Moving on. For part two of my de-cluttering series I will be focusing on shower products. Check out part one here. I thought I'd include shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, and body wash. I also have a face wash and a razor in my shower but I'm not too worried about having to de-clutter those products ha!



Since I've come back from my Christmas break at home I've been trying to use up most of my products, instead of throwing out the old ones, because none of these are very old. Not pictured are a shampoo and conditioner from Herbal Essences (from this line, which I actually really like) and few mini shower gels from Bath and Body Works. Yes, I generally like Herbal Essences products, mostly because they often have really good sales, so I stock up!

OK so currently in my shower is an Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner in "Honey, I'm Strong" that is almost gone. I actually tried this for the first time and didn't overly love it. I did use most of it, and I will finish using it (probably to shave my legs) but I found it didn't moisturize my hair very much. My hair didn't feel soft after using it and this product really weighed down my hair. And it takes a lot to weigh down my hair. I generally use pretty heavy and conditioning hair products, but this was a little too much for me. In case you are wondering I have naturally wavy hair. So maybe depending on your hair type this might work for you. It smelled really good though!

I'm currently switching back and forth between Herbal Essences "Bye Bye Breakage" (can't find this on their site, but I'm going to guess it is similar to this) and Pantene Pro-V "Straightening" for curly hair. My hair, like I said, is wavy, not super curly but this shampoo is probably my favourite. I find that Pantene products in general tend to live up to the claims on their bottle. When I use this it makes my hair super soft and I'm able to blow dry it straight for the most part. I like switching between two shampoos and conditioners though because I find my hair just gets used to one kind. I don't know, it doesn't make much sense but I just like to switch it up every once in a while.

I also have an EverSleek Smoothing Deep Conditioner by L'Oreal, which I use once or twice a week. I like this product, I find it does deep condition and makes my hair soft, but I don't swear by this product only. I tend to by the deep conditioner that happens to be on sale when I need a new one.

The last thing I have is a Sephora birthday gift from last year which you get by being a Beauty Insider. It is a sample size of Philosophy Birthday Cake shower gel (and bubble bath and shampoo). I love the way it smells! I still have some of this because I like using more summer-y scents from bath and body works throughout the rest of the year. Pretty much I wanted to try the new scents that came out for summer. I've used all of those up now so I'm back to this, which is perfect because it is still winter. I do love this smell, but I find its not a year round smell. I don't know, I like to switch up my shower gel too. Maybe I'm weird.

That is pretty much it for products that I keep in my shower. I was also going to include body lotions in this, but I didn't want it to get too long. So I'll just leave that for another day.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!!








No comments:

Post a Comment